Sloan Electronic Faucet Parts EBF-550 & EBF-550-S Parts Breakdown and Troubleshooting Guide (Pre-2019)
EBF-550 / 550S Breakdown PDF
- 1a. EBF-222-A-ST Faucet and Sensor Assembly with Standard Gooseneck Spout - Call to Order
- 1b. EBF-222-A-SU - Faucet and Sensor Assembly with Surgical Bend Gooseneck Spout - Call to Order
- 2. #80751 - ETF-178 - Adapter for Spray Heads (Not Required for AC55A Shower Spray Head #80750)
- 3a. #84322 - ETF-621 - Laminar Flow Spray Head with Key (Female 2.2 GPM)
#50013 - ETF-1022-A - 2.2 GPM Aerator Spray Head with Key (Female Thread)
#80603 - 0.5 GPM Multi-Laminar Vandal Proof Aerator Spray Head with Key (Female 0.5 GPM)
#54693 - ETF-435 - Replacement Vandal Proof Key Only
3b. #80750 - AC-55-A - Shower Spray Head Assembly 2.2 GPM
- 4. Faucet Mounting Kit (includes base gasket, flat washers (large and small), lockwashers (large and small), nuts (large and small), mounting spacer, mounting stud, anti-rotation screw, and a male compression fitting connector.) - Call for Assistance
- 5a. #81784 - ETF-740-A - 2008-2019 New Style Solenoid Assembly
5b. #86863 - ETF-742-A - Solenoid Assembly with Cable Only (No Valve) - Call to Order
- 6. #81785 - ETF-735 - 2008-2019 New Style Control Module Assembly
- 7. #56794 - ETF-617-A - 3/8" Bak-Check® Tee
- 8. EBF-110-A - Old Faucet Mounting Kit - Call for Assistance
- 9. #54685 - ETF-547 - 1/8" NPT Pipe to 3/8" Compression
- 10. #54325- EBF-60-A - Pre-2008 Old Style Control Module Assembly
- 11. #54335 - EBF-1011-A - Old Style Solenoid Replacement Kit
- 12. #80753 - EBF-113-A - Solenoid Supply Compression Nut Kit
- 13. #54686 - EBF-79-A - Mounting Hardware Kit
- 14. EBF-222A-ST - Standard Gooseneck Spout & Old Style Sensor Assembly - Not Pictured -Call to Order
- 15. #88928 - EBF-206-A - Sensor Window with Cable Assembly - Not Pictured - Call to Order
- 16. #32740 - UNCE95SP8 - 4 "C" Batteries
- 17. #32737 - UNCEN91 - 4 "AA" Batteries
- EBF-550 Faucets: #55152
- 18. #08218 - ETF-470-A Back Check
Troubleshooting Q&ABelow is a Troubleshooting Q&A Guide for the EBF-550 Electronic Faucet from Sloan. The guide highlights the most commonly occurring problems and how to go about fixing them. As always you can call us for assistance or if you need to replace a part and/or unit.
Sensor LED DOES NOT function (Sensor indicator light does not flash during initial 10 min set-up mode)
A) There is no visible indicator light. Normal operation. This is a normal operating feature of the faucet.
Faucet DOES NOT deliver any water when Sensor is activated
Solenoid valve produces audible "CLICK."
A) Water supply stop(s) closed. Open supply stop(s) completely.
Solenoid valve DOESN'T produce audible "CLICK"
B) Solenoid Lead is not properly connected to the Control Module. Disconnect and reconnect Solenoid Lead to the Control Module.
C) No battery or Transformer (optional) power is being supplied to sensor. Ensure that the batteries are installed properly. Reinsert the batteries into the Control Module. Transformer (optional) is unplugged or wall receptacle has no power.
D) Sensor Cable is not properly connected to the Control Module. Disconnect and reconnect Sensor Cable to the Control Module.
E) Sensor range is set at minimum distance. Increase sensor range. Refer to Range Adjustment in your installation instructions.
Delivers Low Flow / dribble when active
A) Water supply valve is partially closed. Open the supply stop(s) completely.
B) Solenoid filter is clogged. Remove, clean, and reinsert. Turn off water supply at supply stops. Activate faucet to relieve the system pressure. Remove the water supply line from inlet side of solenoid valve. Remove the cap, water line fitting, gasket, filter housing and filter from solenoid valve housing. Slide filter off filter housing. Clean filter by using fresh tap water only. If necessary, use a small brush to clean. Be careful when doing this as to prevent any damage to the filter. If any components of the filter become damaged, replace as necessary. Replace gasket if after examination, any wear or damage is visible. Reinstall filter in filter housing. Install filter housing, gasket, water line fitting and cap onto solenoid valve housing. Tighten the cap securely. Reinstall the water supply line to inlet side of solenoid valve.
C) Aerator or spray head is clogged. Remove, clean, and reinsert.
Delivery of water continues to flow / drip after user is no longer detected (auto shut-off fails even when batteries are removed)
A) Solenoid valve has been connected backwards. Disassemble solenoid valve compression fittings at inlet and outlet positions. Water should flow from inlet through solenoid valve to outlet according to the direction shown by the arrow on the side. Reconnect fittings in the correct orientation.
B) Solenoid valve is dirty. Backflush by reversing water flow (opposite to the direction shown by the arrow on the side of the solenoid valve) through the solenoid valve. Reconnect the compression fittings in the correct orientation. Activate faucet.
C) Solenoid valve module is not working properly. Replace solenoid valve module.
The water temperature is too hot / cold on a faucet connected to hot / cold supply lines with two bak-chek's
A) Supply stops are not adjusted properly. Adjust supply stops.
NOTE: For some systems, a thermostatic mixing valve may be required
The Red LED turns on in the Control Module (below deck)
A) One (or more) of the batteries is "dead". To ensure proper operation, insert four (4) new AA-size Alkaline batteries. Reinsert batteries into the Control Module.
B) Upon start-up mode the control module circuitry tests the batteries. The Red LED turns on if the battery voltage is low. No Red LED light indicates normal battery voltage.
C) If reset (initiates start up mode) button is pressed, the battery voltage is checked. If voltage is too low, product is stopped from operating and Red LED will turn on. No Red LED light indicates battery voltage is at a normal level.
The Green LED initially turns on in the Control Module (below deck) during Start Up mode, then will not appear again
A) This is a normal, for the first ten (10) minutes, Green LED will turn on. Afterwards it will no longer turn on.
EBF-550 / 550S Troubleshooting Guide PDF
View the Sloan EBF-550 / 550S repair parts or our selection of Sloan electronic faucets.